Monday, April 20, 2009

DONE! ON TO THE PAINT!

Well, I had this thing finished by last weekend, but was too busy with work and preparing show applications to get the updated image online. From this point out it will be 'top secret' until the glaze layers are complete. However, I will soon be posting the digital anatomy studies for the next set of portraits, as well as some updates for the 'five questions' series. I decided to post the first saved version of the digital cadaver next to the finished one. It did come a long way...I was frightened after the first few days working on it (it is easy to tell why).

4 comments:

  1. Hurray! The long tedious journey is over. Is this part of the five question series? What motivated you towards doing the five question series? What urges you to paint, I ask because you seem to predominantly draw.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, Michael! I'm envious how you got it to nest seamlessly under your website. I couldn't figure that bit of tech out without it causing link errors. And the new work is fantastic as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to seeing how you transition from the computer images to the paint.

    ReplyDelete